Dangote Group is recruiting suitable candidates to fill in the position of Health and Safety Officers for immediate employment.
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
Job Title: Health and Safety Officers
Organization: Dangote Group
Job Identification: GbokoHSSE001
- Ensure that the DCP OH&S policy is understood and implemented at shop floor level.
- Support plant operations with the implementation of H&S initiatives, H&S management system, and H&S programs
- Conduct safety training and awareness programs in line with the DCP annual HSE goals and targets.
- Maintain all documents and records as per Nigerian Federal Laws relating to H&S with regard to plant operations.
- Conduct identification, assessment and analysis of the hazardous activities within the operations
- Conduct various H&S trainings and awareness program including induction training of all
- Conduct regular inspections of plant and equipment
- Conduct regular tool box talk with shop floor
- Inspect on going work to ensure compliance of PTW system
- Assist plant managers in conducting JSA as and when required
- Conduct surveys to check quality and adequacy of these, but are not limited to the following:
- Implement annual H&S improvement plan and monitor its implementation
- Qualified as a H&S Practitioner by a National or Internationally recognized organization and/or hold a Diploma or a degree in Engineering and related fields.
- Very good knowledge/experience on Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments and control
- Very good knowledge on Fire Safety Management
- Good understanding of PTW system and RCA
- Understanding of Nigerian Federal Laws related to H&S
- Ability to operate Microsoft Office programs
- Good knowledge of H&S audits and inspection.