GIG Logistics is recruiting suitable candidates to fill in the position of a Area Coordinator for immediate employment.
At GIGL we pride ourselves as being Africa’s Leading Logistics Company. Founded in 2012, we belong to a distinguished class of logistics companies with a clear defined market path across Africa.
Job Title: Area Coordinator
Organization: GIG Logistics
Job Identification: Full-Time
- The Area Coordinators will manage the operations of designated Experience centers within the South-Western region to ensure timely processing of shipments to, from and within the area and guarantee the security of shipments as they move through the network by enforcing strict adherence to policies and procedures.
- Oversee the pick - up and delivery of shipments within the area to achieve the area KPIs and business goals.
- Supports Customer Service in the incident and exception management resolution.
- Manage relationship with the Gateway on movement of shipments within the area.
- Ensure continuous improvement processes to increase efficiencies, reduce waste, and improve performance for satisfactory customer experience in the area.
- Maintain clean and safe working conditions of the facility and equipment
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as all company policies/procedures
- Identify opportunities for improvement and execute action plans to increase efficiencies
- Ensure optimization of network and consolidation while arranging delivery of shipments to the final receiver.
- Creates, builds, and maintains excellent relationships with Area managers, Hub Operations Managers and other internal functions across the region.
- Ensures prompt clearance of shipments through the airports in the area.
- Acting as a Compliance Officer to ensure absolute compliance with business policies and processes within the area.
- Follows-up shipments status in the area, identify incidents and ensure resolution of irregularities.
- Prepares daily, weekly and monthly reports for management review.
- Other duties as the exigencies of work may demand.
- Minimum of HND from a government recognized tertiary institution
- Customer-centric, tech-Savvy, young and personable
- Evidence of mandatory NYSC scheme or Exemption Certificate.
- Must reside in Lagos State.