Marriott International is recruiting suitable candidates to fill in the position of Electrician l for immediate employment.
Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014.
Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics.
Job Title: Electrician l
Job Location: Lagos
Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
- Inspect and diagnose malfunctioning tools, equipment, electrical systems, apparatus, and components.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components. Use testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes.
- Test batteries in generators, emergency lighting, etc. Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, based on job specifications and current National Electric Code and local codes.
- Read and follow blueprints / schematics.
- Respond to repair requests and perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment, and appliances. Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; and properly store flammable materials.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language and prepare and review information in a variety of formats accurately and completely.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Job Skills / Requirements
- Able to work with a team
- Commitment to process improvement.
- Great interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Creativity and imagination
- Driven and ambitious.